Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I Am The Walking Dead

I LOVE HALLOWEEN
Yes, that's me in my Halloween costume from a couple years ago. 

No, this post isn't about "The Walking Dead" TV. show (although, maybe I should do one of those... what fantastic writing!). It's about my current state after having finished another grueling 2-month writing blitz. You may have noticed it's been a while since my last post. Here's why...

"It is done."

MY NEW BOOK!!
Those are the words I think each time I finish a book. I've done it four times now, and let me assure you, it doesn't get any easier. Probably that's because I keep insisting that my writing gets better as I go. I can only hope that my readers will agree with me, but I'm here to say that I'm damned proud of the newest notch on my writing desk. It's called "Woman Scorned," and it's book 2 of my "Man Hunt" trilogy.

Each time I finish a book, I walk away feeling amazing, exhausted, and all the more prepared to do it better the next time. But mostly, I feel like a zombie. When I said 'exhausting', I really meant it. In the part two months I have written, revised, or edited an average of 4 hours at a rate of 2,000 words PER DAY. I know for professional writers that's basically the norm, but let us not forget I have a day job as an English teacher.

ME AFTER FINISHING A BOOK
One thing I'm proud of is that I haven't skipped a single day of writing in that time, including four days when I was quite sick with fever. One of those days I slept for ~21 hours... but I still put in 20 minutes of editing that night. I've also pulled 5 all-nighters and only went to bed before 1am three times (that week I was sick).

I've done all this before, however there's something different now. This time I feel no need for a long, celebratory hiatus. In fact, I'm looking very much forward to getting right back to it.


I do have a trilogy to finish, after all.

But I also have so many other ideas for short stories, things I claim I rarely have the time to work on but am always thinking about. (One such idea does involve zombies, by the way. Ahh, the power of suggestion). 

 
ALSO ME AFTER FINISHING A BOOK
So while I sit here feeling like that^ guy, I'm also kind of feeling quite a bit like 

<---  this guy

because for the first time in a long time this author doesn't feel even a little bit guilty. 

Also, I finally have the time to write blog posts again. 




If you liked this post, please let me know by LIKING, COMMENTING, +1ing (is that a word?) or otherwise giving me a quick "Atta Boy". Thanks. 

ps: Writing done since last time... uh, I wrote a whole damned book! Boom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment