Friday, January 3, 2014

Busy (Best-selling!) Beaver, Part 1

Hello World.
I haven't posted in three whole weeks, which of course I feel very guilty about. But I've been extremely active outside of the blogosphere, and these actions have lead directly to landing my debut novel onto two different Amazon Bestsellers lists!

[pause to bask in imaginary applause from my millions of adoring fans]

Want to know what I did? Well click that subscribe button over there on the right and strap in. Though I'll be the first to attest that I'm no expert, I definitely learned a lot, and I'm happy to share. But my experiences over the past few weeks have also generated too much info to stick on one blog post, so I've decided to break it into several topics of discussion for my upcoming posts, hence the "Part 1" in the title.

But you need something to get you started so I'll give you this... I can summarize what happened in these 3 basic steps:

1) I worked my ASS off*
2) I was rewarded by the sun gods with a little bit of luck
3) I CONTINUED working my ass off

I guess my message of the day would be that you get out of life exactly what you put into it, and that goes for being a writer too. 

Elatedly & Exhaustedly (is that even a word? I'm too tired to look it up) yours,
-K.

Ps: Words written since last post: Zero in fiction, but many thousands in marketing.

*ass-working details coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment