Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It Begins

Hello World,
So I'm supposed to be writing a blog. Whoopee. Everybody's doing it. It's good for exposure and gaining fans and all that. Except I tried this once already and I only did 2 posts before I bored myself. Maybe I was trying too hard to make it awesome? Maybe my blog idea sucked? Nah. Probably it was just another example of my primary problem: I don't put my ass in a chair and write.

So this blog is my second official attempt to get a 'daily' bit of writing done. This time I'm running on the theory that if I'm brutally honest with myself (and if I get to bitch and whine like I secretly want to about not 'making it' as an author), I might actually post more often. Who knows, it might even push me to write actual stories from time to time.

The sadistic side of me suspects that total strangers will find the self-loathing honest enough to read. Of course the self-preservation side of me has decided not to share this with my friends and fans. At least for a little while. Let this blog be what it is. Let it generate 'real' interest based on its merits alone before I share with those who already know me. I'm hoping that brutally honest thing might help.

Especially if I keep it short.

So that's it. I'm done for today. Tomorrow's topic: Why my job sucks balls and totally dehydrates my creativity.

[Insert typical begging for followers here].

Yours truly,
-K.

Ps: Yesterday's Writing Results... nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment